[kj] [OT] PiL, Rich Kids one-off gig

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Fri Nov 27 21:01:29 EST 2009

Former Rich Kids members Midge Ure and Glen Matlock have come together to
organise a benefit concert for the family of Rich Kids guitarist Steve New,
who sadly has battled with cancer for the past year.

Guests confirmed are The Illuminations (featuring Clive Langer, Steve Allen
and Ian Broudie), TV Smith (from the Adverts), Viv Albertine (from The
Slits), Carbon Silicon (featuring Mick Jones and Tony James), Patti Paladin
and Gary Kemp (from Spandau Ballet).

Glen and Midge will perform solo slots on the night and Steve New will play
with his band Beastellabeast before all four of the Rich Kids, which will
include original drummer Rusty Egan, take to the stage. Special guests will
no doubt "join in the racket and play guitars very loudly", according to
Midge.