[kj] K J ontopic L. A.

The Mighty TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Mon Nov 9 19:38:08 EST 2009

sade1 wrote:

> It would never happen but....

M.I.A., who is a much bigger act than KJ, played the Echoplex a couple of
years ago so, you never know...
Anyone know how live music sounds at Das Bunker (at the old Catch One)? I
haven't had the chance to yet.

+++++++

Can't comment on das Bunker, but I've seen one show at Echoplex (Jane's
Addiction last January) and I wouldn't recommend the club to anyone thinking
of playing there and I'll be happy to never see another band there. Reasons
being horrible sightlines unless you're in front of the mixing desk booth
which basically bisects the club in half, poorly ventilated, crappy bars and
terrible street parking in the neighborhood, not to mention bad crime area
(two people who went to that Jane's show had their car broken into). I will
say the sound was excellent up front though (but how many shows does the
sound suck 10 feet from the stage?).

I honestly don't understand why so many "big" bands have been booked there
the past couple years - there's so many other better same-sized club/bars
for live music in Hollywood/LA.

T.B.