[kj] just got back....

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu May 7 04:35:56 EDT 2009

Setlist:

Requiem
Wardance
Tomorrow's World
Primitive
Bloodsport
Turn To Red
Butcher
Love Like Blood
Communion
Madness
Fresh Fever from the Sky
Whiteout
The Wait
Pssyche
Pandemonium

encore:
Change
Unspeakable
Eighties

In common with other comments, I thought Youth was outstanding.? He looked totally in the groove, and for me the best bit of the gig was watching him move to the early-years disco numbers (Milinda's right about Turn To Red... Change was also a blinder).

Agreed also that the mix didn't do Geordie any favours.? Jaz looked in good shape (but his voice is not what it was, sadly).? And Big Paul pounded those drums!? It is great to have him back.

Low point: Fresh Fever.? That really didn't do anything for me.

High points: Butcher (always one of my faves - fantastic throbbing intro), Turn To Red, Communion (the Pandemonium-era stuff works much better with Youth IMHO), Pssyche (fast and dangerous as ever), and,?well, the whole of the encore.

Cheers,

Jamie