[kj] Reformation

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 11:47:05 EDT 2009

Ha ha, yeah, I saw that Sham were at Bukta!! What the fuck?!! Such a
scenic setting, with Hurry Up Harry blasting out in the background... sheer
bliss!!!
It's not even Pursey on vocals now... I don't know if that's better or worse...

Dave in Edinburgh

At 00:00 25/03/2009 +0100, Neil Perry <65snoopy at gmail.com>
wrote:

>I see! 'xHawkwind'... that's unbelievably shit. But quite funny. I saw

>Inner City Unit a

>couple of times, were always a laugh. Plus I once went to see a play Bob

>Calvert wrote

>and directed about Jimi Hendrix. It was very good.

>As for (Darren's?) comment about Voivod, I'm with you there. Always really

>wanted

>to like them.. but they were a bit crap. I think I did the same with my

>copy of that

>first album. I'd probably like 'em now.

>Reunions?

>Kyuss would be top of the list, followed by Husker Du, original Helmet line-up

>sticking to the first three albums and actually being able to attend

>the Jesus Lizard gigs which I CANNOT GO TO, godammit.

>PS Dave - you won't believe who's turning up at Bukta this year - Sham 69!

>2009/3/24 <<mailto:gingoblin at easynet.co.uk>gingoblin at easynet.co.uk>

>>Nah, it was Bruce Watson from Big Country on guitar for the Skids... did

>>a good job actually. And Jobson was great too... one of the biggest

>>cheers of the night was when he said something along the lines of "I've

>>been guilty of being a bit of an arsehole over the years"... a huge cry

>>of WE KNOW!! But he'd put down the SKids for a long time, despite it

>>(still) being the best thing he's ever done.

>>Neil... it was the REAL Hawkwind that were playing in Oslo. This is the

>>whole problem, Nik Turner (who left in, er, 1976!) has his own band of

>>"ex-members" who started off calling themselves xHawkwind. They were

>>fucking awful actually. Then it changed to Space Ritual after a legal

>>battle, which is at least a bit less confusing. Now they're playing as

>>Hawklords, so it's back being confusing again! I actually know people

>>who've seen this under-rehearsed shambles and thought they were seeing

>>the real thing. On the whole though, it's a bunch of people who never

>>wrote the songs or played on the records. Bet you wished you'd never asked!

>>And are there really no other Terry & The Idiots fans on this list??!!

>>Dave in Edinburgh

>>PS. Alex, I'm in full agreement on the Stranglers! It's been about 20

>>years since I've seen them, and they're still amongst my faves, so not

>>seeing 'em live is a killer... but it just isn't gonna happen with Hugh

>>(though I suppose if Magazine can reform, ANYTHING can happen!). Did

>>see the DVD of the Roundhouse gig last year with the newish lineup... no

>>Paul Roberts, and a guy on guitar/vocs so it's back to a 4-piece. It was

>>actually pretty good. But they still need Hugh! Oh, I wanna see the

>>Stranglers!

>>At 16:31 24/03/2009 +0000, you wrote:

>>>The Skids reformed before Adamson died?

>>> gardener.co.nz>