[kj] "Savage Freedom"

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 14 22:45:10 EDT 2009

FWIW, since I'm in a list mood, here's my current ranking.

1. Extremities (favourite tracks : MINOG, Intravenous, Termite Mound)

2. Killing Joke (1980) (the whole thing; although I'd like to hear
less of it live for bit, please)

3. Revelations (apart from Land Of Milk & Honey & The Good Samaritan)

4. What's THIS for...! (all bar Madness, although I got it live at the
Forum)

5. Pandemonium (apart from Black Moon & Jana)

6. Night Time (favourite bits - the bridge in Europe; the guitar break
in Darkness Before Dawn. Tabazan is crap, though. Mother release me indeed!
I also don't much care for the main Kings & Queens riff)

7. Fire Dances (Lust Almighty's a bit silly)

8. Killing Joke (2003) (totally bored with Asteroid; Blood On Your
Hands & D&RS the standouts)

9. Hosannas (although ... Jesus Goat; if the album was up to the
standard of this track, it'd be at #2 or 3)

10. Outside The Gate (apart from America; rank single)

11. BTATS (I really dislike Goodbye To The Village; new mix is better. I
don't get on at all with the cheesy 80s synth sounds, which is odd, because
I generally like that sort of thing)

12. Democracy (Aeon trumps all)

Ha! is at 2.5

Chaos For Breakfast? 1.23 recurring. My favourite KJ packaging.

I love all the albums. I'd forgive them pretty much anything, and have,
indeed, needed to do so over the years.

And yes, I really meant to write BTATS & Democracy below OTG.

Darren

Hungerford, UK