[kj] KJ at Blackpool Punk Fest! Aug.9th

jo jo at arcadia.karoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 03:04:40 EST 2009

I'd like to see them do one of the Forestry Comission gigs. Dalby Forest is one of the locations: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-7NPLBE Apart from Motorhead, who used to play them regularly, they always have such crap artists. Dalby Forest is beautiful, we take the dogs there regularly. The venue is nice and remote. I saw Pulp there once, (who knows how and why I ended up there) but it was good to just doss down afterwards and sleep under the trees.

At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, be they opening for the Crue or playing at a fairground or whatever, they plug in and assume the stage as Killing Joke -- at the end of the day -- the minutia of the context doesn't matter. They're Killing Joke. They make this music. Others don't. Others *can't*. Who cares where they're playing. The point is -- they're playing.

Alex in NYC... two Guinnesses into his Monday night (and it's showing).