[kj] OT - MJ Conclusion

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Tue Jun 30 14:12:13 EDT 2009

Quite so. I served as a juror in Gloucester, in the mid Nineties. It was a
really nasty case (gang rape and attempted murder). Constantly reminding
ourselves of the need to apply ourselves only to the evidence, and not even
the demeanour of the accused (they were grinning and laughing as the victim
gave her evidence) could be considered, was one of the most difficult things
I've ever had to do. It was only when we returned a guilty verdict (on the
evidence put before us) that we discovered the splendid fellows in the dock
had a history of sexual violence, and similar crimes.

Yuck.

Darren

Hungerford, UK