[kj] (OT) L & R

Harold Grey hgrey at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 31 14:45:03 EDT 2009

I did go to the L&R/Jane's Addiction gig at the Beacon Theatre in NYC back in '87. The Earth, Sun, Moon songs were great. Jane's Addiction was also fantastic. Literally bumped into Perry and Dave in the pizza place right next to the Beacon about a half hour before the show. No one really knew who they were. While that gig was great, I had the pleasure of seeing L&R in a small club in Sag Harbor, LI in 84-85? Drove all the way from Bklyn in thick fog on the island. Opening was the Lucy Show. Now THAT was a great gig. An American Dream was a real standout. I then saw L&R on their "farewell" jaunt at a small club n Palo Alto, CA and that too was quite memorable.

Harold
San Jose, CA