[kj] (OT) Crabcore? Meet CHAVCORE!

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:32:35 EDT 2009

without spoiling the fun, the chav would actually be seen more as an
underclass (rather than working class) wearing designer brands of many
sorts including Burberry, descending from the casual and rave
influence.

There is a fine tradition in the UK of youth culture taking the toffs
luxurious labels and turning them into something else, the Teds, The
skinheads, Mods and casuals. End of the line is the Chav who
completely decimate the lacoste and burberry influence that have all
but destroyed any prestige they once had.

It is the youth sticking its fingers up at the percieved class structure

--
Pat Davies
www.amag.org.uk