[kj] (OT) Crabcore? Meet CHAVCORE!

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 14 08:02:30 EDT 2009

Just to continue the embarrassment ....

For all you Brits out there rightly snickering at the indefensible
abomination that is crabcore, let it be known that you have your own
cross to bear. I give you: CHAVCORE!!!!

Chavcore, if I have my facts right, merges the sartorial style and
sensibility of the Chav (working class UK youth/clothes-horses who
behave rudely and inexplicably wear Burberry) with -- quite strangely
-- the sound of late period NYHC (Madball, 25 ta Life, H20, etc.)

Speaking as someone who used to love a lot of (early) NYHC (Kraut, Cro-
Mags, etc.), let me strenuously apologize.

Here we see TRC in all their cocky prime....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=255euVhmdW0

Not to be outdone by the fantastically inane NINEBAR.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anz_kVX3KGk

Youth is wasted on the young.

Alex in NYC