[kj] OT: Whoah - Fugazi Steve Albini demos!?

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 12 17:08:56 EDT 2009

If you go on YouTube and type in Fugazi "Albini" a lot of demos come up.

They are apparently all for the 1993 LP "In On the Killtaker," which is
personally my favorite Fugazi LP. I even saw them live that year in
Dallas (at the Bomb Factory) right before they released it, when they
debuted a lot of the songs live, in advance of the LP. I was pretty
blown away by how aggressive and energetic a lot of that material was.
It seemed to "make up" for the slow-ness of "Steady Diet of Nothing,"
their previous release.

I think in 2004 Steve Albini also produced an LP by political post-punk
stalwarts THE EX, who are kind of like the Netherlands answer to Gang of
Four. Good stuff! But also very stripped down and 'dry' or 'raw.'

Also, thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday on FaceBook.
That's really touching! =)))))

-Oliver