[kj] Antithesis of Killing Joke -- good catch

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 1 21:32:36 EDT 2009

I still listen to the first DD album from time to time. Nothing wrong with
the next few either. "The Chauffeur" is a classic track.

But I must also acknowledge an abiding love for Japan. I first saw them
supporting Kiss (calm down Alex - freebie tickets from the record shop I
worked at) when they thought they were Hanoi Rocks (yes, I know, but you see
what I mean), and thought they were fantastic. Then Sylvian re-taught
himself to sing (and I'm sure he never heard a single Roxy Music album,
ever), and they turned into something even more marvellous. Favourite track?
Punter mix of "European Son". But "...Rhodesia", "Suburban Berlin", "Sons Of
Pioneers", the Nye "Taking Islands In Africa"...

Even better, it was Barbieri's involvement that caused me to investigate the
sublime Porcupine Tree, a band who have given me more regular pleasure in
the last few years than any other. Not like that.

Karn's beetle dace still freaks me out, though.

Darren

Hungerford, UK