[kj] OT: Bill Hicks

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:04:23 EST 2009

I'll tell you what is wrong

Zepplin sucks and Maiden RULEZ

From: vassifer at earthlink.net
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:44:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Bill Hicks

And what, pray tell, is so wrong with Led Zep & Iron Maiden?
I'd also suggest that Black Flag were as much of an influence -- if not more so -- on the first wave of Grunge bands (Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Green River, etc. etc.) as the bands you cite.
Whatever. Arguing over broken up bands of since-vanished genres and dead comedians is nothing worth getting hot under the collar about.
Alex in NYC

On Jan 31, 2009, at 1:22 PM, GREG SLAWSON wrote:Finally a true brother, b! I've always hated grunge too, from the start--it paraded itself as the new "punk" but to me, it always sounded like Led Zep/Aerosmith/Iron Maiden, etc. --all the music punk was against! I'll take Blag Flag any day over that crap!

> Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:01:54 +0100

> From: bo.krogsgaard at gmail.com

> To: gathering at misera.net

> Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Bill Hicks

> On 1/31/09, ade <ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

> > I think we got there due to me being sick of Alex trashing almost everyhing

> > I fucking post on this list, frankly. If he chips in, it's likely he's

> > telling me I'm WRONG. It's a good job he's a journalist - he's always

> > right...

> You know, i have to agree with his viewpoint on Denis Leary. No Cure

> For Cancer was good, his performance on MTV Live was ace, but

> everything after that was boring crap, including his half arsed movie

> career.

> As for Soundgarden vs Stone Temple Pilots, you can take them both and

> flush tem out the toilet, along with every fucking band that sounds

> even REMOTELY like any of them. The ONLY band EVER out of the whole

> "grunge" wave EVER worth more than two shits is Tribe After Tribe from

> South Africa, the rest can go autocopulate, devour feces and perish!

> Grunge hater since day one

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how. _______________________________________________
Gathering mailing list
Gathering at misera.net