[kj] OT: no god...?

Dave Axford daxford at rogers.com
Sat Jan 10 20:45:24 EST 2009

Hello Bette,

My belief is that THOR is gonna have a massive come-back in '09!
(kidding)
I think ALL animals fear death, but (we) humans have contemplated it way more than any other species...
Because we have, we've given rise to supernatural 'authority figures' that somehow, 'exempt' us humans from our natural demise. I think that this is "wishful thinking' at best.
Should your beliefs give you hope about life (and the after-life), then I'm not going to argue... You just run with that.
But if you say, "That my beliefs are true", then I might have a problem with that.

Dave

Zealots of all forms are simply projecting their feelings of emptiness into the void of an indifferent world.
Fundamentalist of Y=Fundamentalist of Z in the final analysis. The imposition of their views on others who are uninterested, their concrete good/bad thinking and their smug belief that there is one true explanation I have found in the most "Christian" person who hisses as I mention the Gnostic texts, and the angry young anarchist who believes there is no god and anyone who believes differently is devoid of intellect.

There is something that connects us and makes us human. Some call it God. Let us see what Richard Dawkins will call it when he has that inevitable sling and/or arrow pierces his all too mortal skin.....it happens to us all.

Bette