[kj] Ron Asheton...R.I.P.

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 14:47:49 EST 2009

I never got a chance to see them. I was apprehensive at first. I was hapy for the brothers but Iggy put a bad taste in my mouth about it. His career was lackluster at best by that point and he said some pretty shitty things about them in the past. The first time they played near Detroit was the day of the great blackout. Second time they played at a excellent venue called the Fox but tix were $50 and I couldn't float it at the time. Third time I had tix but had to work late and I curse that fucking awful job.
A bit bummed I didn't get to see them. Again not because of Iggy but because the Ashetons were so into it and deserve a lot more then what they were dealt with over the years.

I gurantee there will be someting big in Detroit to celebrate him. I hope there isn't some retarded tribute band but I wouldn't doubt it. The turn out for the Rob Tyner thing years ago was...........yeah. Anyway if they do they need to ask Williamson. I know many do not consider him a legit Stooge but I think he should get some credit.

Anyway. He was kind and never egotistical.

Rock on

Chris