[kj] Ron Asheton...R.I.P.

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Wed Jan 7 14:20:57 EST 2009

I would like to think the BBC might air that legendary recent "Glastonbury"
set again with the stage invasion ... I too am glad that I went to the Get
Loaded In The Park 2008 where Iggy & The Stooges headlined ... I'm not able
to get to many gigs these days therefore it was the only time I saw them ...
though I did catch a Primal Scream "after show" set at the Brixton Academy a
few years back when Ron & Scott came on stage with Bobby Gillespie to steam
through a few Stooges numbers ... it may have preceded the reunion shows ...

typically I screw up with these things ... after Arthur Lee was released
from the slammer in late 2001 after a firearms conviction, he hit the road
with Love (okay, it was just Lee and other musicians) I kept bombing out
their numerous London shows for various reasons ... then he died ... damn it