[kj] OT: More good news

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Feb 26 05:10:52 EST 2009

Totally out of character, I'm going to reference Soundgargen here...Jim
reminds me of Kim Thayil, in his sound (epic, heavy solos, riffs and
fills), and the role that he had in creating the direction and overall
sound of the band in the early days...(not sure if that's the case with
Jim but I know it is with Kim).

That's why I said unfortunately...I'd love to see a FNM gig with Big Jim
playing.

I would have to go through all the albums with a fine tooth comb to come
up with a favourite. King for a Day was played really heavily in my youth
and was extremely popular but hasn't lived up to the memories in the last
few years...