[kj] OT: Bill Hicks

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Mon Feb 2 20:50:04 EST 2009

Thank you, I will check all of them out. I know that some will disagree with me, but that being admitted, I think that the death of Bill Hicks exacerbated the la la land Miley Cyrus vacuum we are living in now in the US.

I mean, can you remember the first time you saw certain acts or heard them? They are a select few. Only the really genuine ones make that kind of impact. And oh yeah, I know someone would remember Striper if they woke up to them after a hangover, but that ain't what I'm saying, natch.

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:32:02 +0000From: Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT: Bill Hicks

>Are there any comedians that are flying under the radar that should be checked out? I am still >looking for one whose voice is so resonant with truth and humour.

Mark Thomas is good, as is Rob (or does he call himself Robert these days?) Newman

http://www.markthomasinfo.com/
http://www.robnewman.com/

I am currently enjoying a lot of what Tim Minchin is doing, not exactly in the same political vein but very funny all the same

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp22Rh2c-3o

Marc (back from a bout of that norovirus thing)

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Bette DillingerSent: 29 January 2009 01:34To: gathering at misera.netSubject: [kj] OT: Bill Hicks

Hey everyone! Strange, angering, yet I am still gonna try to catch it. In the US David Letterman will be showing on Friday, the 30th, 11:30 EST the routine of Bill Hicks' that was never aired by Letterman in 1994 because it was considered too "controversial". The routine that sullied his relationship with the media to a degree. His mother Mary will also be a guest (the irony that the legal executor of the estate is the ex attorney for Billy Ray Cyrus, but then you can't make this shit up.).........Damn, it has been 14 years! Are there any comedians that are flying under the radar that should be checked out? I am still looking for one whose voice is so resonant with truth and humour. Bette

This communication may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information within is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender, then delete and destroy any copies of it. The Health Informatics Service disclaims any liability for action taken reliant on the content of this message. This communication is from the Health Informatics Service serving Barnet Enfield & Haringey Health Communities.