[kj] Quick Joke-spotting

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 23:04:03 EDT 2009

I can't believe I'm only noticing this now.

About a year back, a friend of mine put up an interesting little video
clip on his weblog showing a performance artist named David Van
Tieghem doing his thing on the streets of NYC circa 1982. Being that I
love that kinda thing, I stole it and put it on my weblog. Recently,
I've started contributing to a new weblog called THE NEW YORK NOBODY
SINGS, which is devoted solely to music of and about New York City. I
felt that this clip was perfectly suited to the project so I revived
it and put it up. In watching it again just now, I spotted a fleeting
image that I'm surprised I never noticed before. Staring at about
00:45 into the clip, look at the wall BEHIND David Van Tieghem and
you'll see a series of posters plastered there towards the bottom
(closer to the sidewalk). The poster is Colesy's signature design for
the cover of What's THIS for...!

http://thenewyorknobodysings.blogspot.com/2009/08/ear-to-ground.html

Alex in NYC