[kj] Sonisphere

MichaelHead at HBOSplc.com MichaelHead at HBOSplc.com
Mon Aug 3 10:09:10 EDT 2009

I think the current strategy is fiscal rather than fan related but who
can blame them?
Someone on the list recently intimated they're like a tribute act to
themselves currently and it's hard to argue with that. Bar 'Asteroid'
they play nothing from the last 3 albums and the 2 'new' songs are the
lamest KJ efforts since OTG. Hopefully, there's a mitt full of new stuff
being rehearsed in the gaps between these appearances but I doubt it.

________________________________

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Harper
Sent: 03 August 2009 14:32
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Subject: Re: [kj] Sonisphere

I've always thought that the Joke's recent festival appearances are
probably a great way to attract some new fans among people coming to see
other bands, but if they're not pretty high up the bill and getting a
decent slot in terms of length, there's no point in going just for them.

Jim.

--- On Mon, 3/8/09, Phillipps Marc <Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk>
wrote:

> Holy crap, I'm shocked and stunned... a 30-min set at midday?

I had seriously considered going, I am now glad we decided we
couldn't afford it!

HBOS plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC218813. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. HBOS plc is a holding company, subsidiaries of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.