[kj] Specials

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 20:04:28 EDT 2009

> For those who remember my dilemma - the Wailers or PJ Harvey!!! Went to the Wailers - empty, I mean a small half full venue, which was strange, tight, professional, love the Exodus album, the guy singing was wonderful despite keeping his hood up for the whole night - enjoyed it a lot and had a good skank but have this nagging doubt I would have enjoyed PJ that little bit more!!

Aha! Well reminded! PJ *was* great (& I'm loving the album). I'm glad I'd bought my ticket before hearing about the Wailers, it kinda took the decision out of my hands. Many sleepless nights?

You know when you see a band and you cannot get it out of your head - you lose yourself in the buzz, the sound, the sweat - whatever. Last night I saw the Specials play in Birmingham - didn't get a ticket when they went on sale despite many in vane attempts - don't ask how much it cost on ebay! Don't care that Jerry Dammers did not play a part - he wasn't missed! They were just brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. If you are due to go - you jammy sods, you are in for a treat of the greatest proportion, if you didn't - well........ There were 2,000 people moon stomping in unison, the pubs beforehand were rammed, the atmosphere was sensational, there were some people who may well be knocking the crap out of each other on a Saturday afternoon at football dancing together as though nothing else mattered. They played everything, starting with Do The Dog which is so relevant now and finishing with "all you skinheads, rude boys, rude girls, put your boots on your feet........ and everything in between.

One of the great, great shows ever!

Sermon over