[kj] (OT) Pakistan

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Apr 23 14:10:05 EDT 2009

Seems like a semi-suicidal move? The US has often been hampered in
exercising their military might by civilian concerns, there would be no
such moral compunctions with the threat of taliban with access to nukes.

Saw a graph of worldwide military spending the other day. US takes up half
of it.

Another thought: perhaps Pakistan's ex military dictator wasn't such a bad
thing...