[kj] OT: Chickenfoot

The Mighty TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Apr 17 23:27:43 EDT 2009

"The Exorcist" wrote:

> I'd love to hear my fellow Gatherers opinions on this group....

> http://www.chickenfoot.us/band/

> http://www.myspace.com/thechickenfoot

> Band Members:

> Joe Satriani

> Chad Smith

> Michael Anthony

> Sammy Hagar

> Boom or Bust? What do you think of the current samples?

It's not crap like I've heard some people suggest, but considering the
talent involved, it's pretty uninspired and forgettable "rawk."

Hagar is again the weak link like he was in his decade long stint in Van
Halen with the inane lyrics punctated with his trademark "Uhhnnn!" like he
needs to press out a turd before getting to the next verse. The guy's in hsi
60's, married with grown up kids and he's still writing 3rd grade lyrics
about getting pussy. And even his normally powerful vocals which kinda
compensated for his other drawbacks are beginning to fail him. The tiny bit
of Youtube live footage from their first show locally in Anaheim looks far
more promising than the studio cuts, imo. Still, on first listen it's
better'n just about anything Sammy's done since 1995.

T.B.