[kj] (OT) Police Brutality part 2

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 11:45:13 EDT 2009

If police brutality is part of a bigger picture, then so is civilian violence.

I'm not inclined to consider the opinions/message of people who see no problem with committing acts of violence and destruction. Their message obviously isn't terribly important to them or they wouldn't compromise it (and the message promoted by legitimate protesters) by behaving like thugs. Basically, the moment you decide that your personal opinion gives you the right to trash and loot other people's property and indulge in casual violence, you stop having anything interesting to say or the right to say it.

Most of the people at the G20 conference didn't feel obliged to throw bricks through windows or set fire to building. Anyone who can't manage that should stay at home; they're not needed.

Jim.