[kj] Official Site

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Apr 1 12:00:04 EDT 2009

Yeah it's all meekness and secret blessings and nothing to do with CHOOSE ME
OR CHOOSE ETERNAL FLAME.

I went on a Christian camp once, and was so disturbed by the leaflets they
handed out, little comic strips of normal kids doing 'bad' things and Satan
popping up and damning them to hell etc that I had nightmares, fell off a
top bunk, got concussion (I didn't wake up) and dislocated my shoulder.
Kinda funny in a way, but regardless of the fall and injury, I was
*extremely* disturbed at the time, because I was a very credulous and
earnest kid. The physical injury and headaches correlated with the message
in my mind and I figured I must have something awful to get such a message.

Anyway, the whole message on camp was one of damnation, and I got the same
lesson at school and in church and at home. I'm not dumb, I saw right
through to the guts of the message very early on, and it was explicitly
taught that way as well.

I might dislike certain faiths etc, including Christianity, but I draw the
line at telling anyone they are going to burn for the rest of eternity.
Especially just by virtue of being born. That's insane and manipulative, and
who knows how many lives have been ruined by it.

_____