[kj] (OT) Record stores in Manhattan

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Thu Sep 25 16:50:03 EDT 2008

I know I'll be branded a heretic, but I've always enjoyed a stroll through the Virgin Megastores when I'm in NYC.

I haven't been for a while, though, and I can't quite figure out if they're still open or not, after Branson unloaded them on Vornado.

The Intawebs seem to indicate that they are either closed, in the process of closing or will close in Q1 of '09.

Just looking for things to do during the day while I'm in town for the KJ shows.

And don't worry, I've already got Other Music, Kim's, Generation etc. on my list.

Can anyone give me the down-low on Virgin's current status in Manhattan?

AR not in N.Y.C.