[kj] OT: People I've accosted.

Jokers circusbar at uol.com.br
Sat Sep 20 12:51:38 EDT 2008

The ones I remember are:

Testament - I think it was 87, I traveled with some friends to São Paulo to see Testament, we arrived afternoon and went right to a famous record shop to look out to some nice records, and as we steped into the place, all the guys from Testament were there hanging around!! they were all so nice to us, talked about music and such, took a lot of pictures and autographs!!!

Paul Di´anno - my band was lucky enough for having the chance to be opening acts on the two times that Paul played in Curitiba, once in 98 and the other in 2001, he´s a very funny guy and was a real gent with all of us!!! on his second tour he was treating us like close friends!!! good memories!!!!

Misfits - It was 2001, we were invited to open the gig for them and it was a great honour!!! we shared the same backstage room but I didn´t had the chance to talk a lot with them, but they were all very nice with the guys in my band!!!!

Exodus - they were the crazyest guys I had met in my life!!! on their first Brazilian Tour in 97, the last city on the leg was Curitiba, they arrived a day earlier and had a day off before the show.
me and a friend discovered that they were supposed to be in a Private Club that night and went there to see if we could meet with them!!! and so they were there!!! and they were all very nice, mostly Paul Baloff, Gary Holt and Tom Hunting (who was the niciest guy of all)
there were a lot of bitches on pole dancing, and they were all drinking heavily like I´ve never seen before, doing coke and such!!! man that was crazy!!! they were acting like barbarian monkeys!!! then we gained 2 backstage passes and arrange to meet them the day after on the venue!!!
the gig was pure shit!!!! a complete mess!!! they were all on a heavy hangover!!! fighting and shouting to each other on stage!!! really messing the gig!!! everytime Paul Baloff stoped singing and turned back to drink something, Gary Holt run front stage and kicked his pedestal far away!!! It was funny to see him returning back and looking after his mic and not finding it!!!
the roadies had a lot of work this day!!!!

N.U. Unruh - I met him on the merchandising stand after the show in the city of Porto this year!!! he was very nice, we talked for about 5 minutes (there were a lot of people wanting to talk with him), and I told him that I was from Brazil and had travelled just to see them live!! he asked about some brazilian percussions and such!! than I bought a copy of the double live CD set of that night show that they were selling on the stand, he autographed the cd and we took some pictures together!!! he was very very amicable!!!!

that´s it by now!!!

cheers
diaz