[kj] tokyo Report - Voice of Jaz

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Fri Sep 12 14:00:20 EDT 2008

Hi-

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. Even with Jaz's new-found health and vigor, I have to wonder at what point in this tour will he inevitably lose his voice, a la Denver - Milwaukee during the 2004 US tour and Cleveland - Kansas City in 1994?

My money is somewhere between Milan and Berlin. Not trying to be a buzzkil; just anticipating the scenario based on consistent historical precedents.

I was actually at the (infamous) Milwaukee show in '04 and the next night in Minneapolis, and the difference was remarkable. I assume Jaz has some extraordinary recuperative powers or a personal physician with good drugs.

Anyway, this is a shorter tour with some decent gaps for rest, so I've got my fingers crossed for NYC and Chicago, both of which I'll be attending. I've never really met any serious fans in Minneapolis, so it'll be a pleasure to meet some of you and buy you a beer or six.

Also, thanks to Tim for the Tokyo recaps - I remain curious about the venue and the crowd response. Any good anecdotes once you've decompressed would be appreciated.

AR

From: timmerrill at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:03:23 +0000Subject: [kj] tokyo Report - Part Two

Ok, please forgive the cock ups, i`m half pissed, half estatic.The only way to be taken by Killing Joke is BY THE THROATTonight....We had JOYThere was an ExorcisimWe did our Mathamatics of ChaosWe got hit with an AsteroidWe were treated like Kings and QueensWe had some ExtremitiesWe turned to red until we were recievingThere was another wardanceAnd we topped it off with a whole lot of pandemoniumTheres more i need to rember once soberBig Paul was a FUCKING ANCHOR!Fucking galloped he didWait till you hear bpf do the Pandemonium stuff!Tore me a new arsehole they did!Paul said it was `adequate warts and all`, but on this end the warts were barely visableAnother amazing thing was Jaz and Paul singing together on the first ep stuffSadly no new songs, BUT with Killing Joke you dont get what you want, but you get what you deservemust try to sleep now and overcome the pandemoniumcall me a liar now, but you just wait.......love all - Tim in Korea