[kj] tokyo Report - Part Two

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 12 12:26:06 EDT 2008

Did they OPEN with "We Have Joy"?

That would be such a kick-ass opener if done the right way, especially
if maybe it was "updated" a little bit in the crunchiness of the guitar
section a la the way songs were treated on the Gathering XXV DVD.
(Although I would be happy even if it was the softer, flangier guitar
sound of old.) But I can see that number making a a great, unexpected,
kick-in-the-ass type opening song. I've always really liked it, good
stomping opening part.

-Oliver