[kj] OT - The Exorcist

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 09:01:50 EDT 2008

I'm not sure I would read it quite so seriously. Carpenter said it was his indignant protest against late 80s Repbulicanism, coupled with a degree of humour- I was several years before I realized that the alien on TV taking about 'a new optimism' was meant to be Ronnie Reagan...

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.