[kj] Off US Election / Georgia / Israel Topic: Peel Sessions CD

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Mon Sep 8 18:15:59 EDT 2008

I agree with Per about volume of posts ... it's the old chat page/malimg
list arguement ... for me, yeah, I'd like to see the democrats triumph BUT I
can't help feeling that it is just an illusion ... ultimately, whoever wins,
big corporations rule the US therefore whether it's the fresh prince Obama
or old man John and the hot hockey mom, little changes ... don't worry
folks, it's no different on this side of the pond ... many of the Labour
MP's are too "career focused" to let ideals get in the way. It was quite
funny how London reacted to the (tory toff) major Boris Johnson putting up
the fares ... not in his manifesto of course ... an £84 milllion hole in the
budget ... all Ken Livingstone's fault ... he conned the electorate ... NO,
he had a cheap oil deal with Hugo Chavez and was going to increase the
congestion charge for 4x4 gas guzzlers ... Boris choose to cancel both
without realising the impact ... the twats who voted for him deserve the
increases, the rest of us don't ...