[kj] ON TOPIC : "The Peel Sessions 1979-1981" delivered

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Mon Sep 8 17:00:34 EDT 2008

It appears to have gone unnoticed that this update appeared on the official
website some 5 days ago :

KILLING JOKE - THE PEEL SESSIONS 79 - 81 - RELEASE DATE: 08/09/2008
Once described by Ferguson as 'the sound of the earth vomiting', Killing
Joke is anthemic and grandiose in it's evocation of nightmare visions.
Taking a sarcastic jab at authority and perceived reality to a sonically
charged mixture of post punk and metal, Killing Joke's heavy guitars and
pounding tribal drums conjure a primitive atmosphere of doom, gloom and
resistance.

. The Peel Sessions were recorded between '79 and '81. The sleeve notes were
written by Alex Paterson of The Orb (before The Orb he was the band's
roadie)
. Tracks 1-14 are Peel Session tracks, 15-17 are a bonus Richard Skinner
session from the same period.
. This is the first time the tracks have been made available on CD and DD.
. The tracks featured on this album are much rawer and some predate their
studio counter parts by some months.
. This is the KJ fans holy grail and this original line-up, including now
top producer Youth, start a world tour in Japan in early September. They
will only be playing material from the era covered by this CD.

I suspect that last bit is untrue if they plan to play Pandemonium ... but I
suspect I would not be alone in wishing they would trade Pandemonium for
Revelations !!!