[kj] palin ban

Karen Weil karen.weil at sddt.com
Mon Sep 8 14:21:19 EDT 2008

You said it, Bette!

k.w.
----- Original Message -----
From: Bette Dillinger
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [kj] palin ban

Alex, I feel your pain regarding your disgust of these brood of jackels. However, once the pendulum goes the complete opposite way one has secular humanism, which ushered in the extreme tactics of horrific "leaders" like Ronald Reagan since the "left" had little to come back with since they were.....bickering among themselves.
Then during the Clinton era we had "Postmodernism". I guess what I am proposing is something along the lines of an instructor saying "Charles Darwin and Lamark proposed the most feasible physical theory of the evolution of species; however, some think that a spiritual force might have been involved, while others completely dismiss it; this is for you to decide".
Bottom line, if you simply embrace the tactics of the right and do not allow *any* discussion of a divine presence, then you will be fostering rebellious mindsets in some kids who feel that they are "rebelling" by rejecting what they think is your secular dogma.

Temperance is the key to life, and is the ultimate weapon against fundamentalists cut from any cloth.

Bette