[kj] palin ban

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 8 09:48:04 EDT 2008

I dunno about a ban specifically because of Palin, but since the PATRIOT
Act, haven't a lot of foreign bands had more difficulty touring the USA
anyway?

Like, didn't New Model Army have to cancel a US tour in 2004 or 2005 and
they blamed some new law that was part of the Patriot Act or something?
I know a few Japanese hardcore bands have tried to do a North American
tour, would come into Canada, but could not get into the US. I believe
this also happened to the Canadian band Inepsy. Criminal or arrest
records that before would not have prevented US entry now DO prevent US
entry in some cases. This is de facto banning.

-Oliver