[kj] palin ban

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Sun Sep 7 18:36:22 EDT 2008

American neo-cons are pretty concrete in their thinking (I certainly am not saying that this assertion cannot be applied to people from every ideological background who happen to live in the US, so please do not be distracted into thinking I am a "leftie") so Killing Joke would certainly be a low priority band. As Alex stated, their popularity is not exceptionally huge in the US, but the main thing is that they do not engage musically in the big "sins" of rawk according to these peeps: obscenity and graphic depictions of sexuality or drug use in their lyrics. Those are the big offenses. They also are nice white British boys. They are not people of color (yes, I know Jaz's origins, but I am referring to Hip Hop most specifically).

Ironically, I had a fundamentalist Christian come to my door when I was blasting the first KJ album several months ago and he asked for the name of the band. You can't make this shit up.

Bette> Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 23:03:40 +0100> From: pmdavies at gmail.com> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] palin ban> > i think killing joke is but a midge in their universe. whilst it may> be significant in your life, kj is such a small minority interest that> it contains no threat or vested interest in their world.> A ban may be interesting as it would bring attention, somewhat> unwarranted nowadays.> > On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM, fluw <fluwdot at earthlink.net> wrote:> > how many people on the gathering doubt if sarah palin were to become aware of killing joke cd's or, (haha finally) a jaz coleman book in a library, she would not have them banned?> >> > as a killing joke fan, would you be apposed to this banning?> _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering