[kj] OT: Amebix reunited, confirmed tour of USA January 2009!

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 22 10:22:51 EDT 2008

This is where Allison of Southern "closed down" the Amebix thread n the
Southern website because of what they have allegedly been saying about
the late John Loder:

http://www.southern.net/southern/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1691&action=new

I can say that at my site, cultpunk.com, I once offered a Bit Torrent
link to all of Rudimentary Peni's UNRELEASED/bootlegged LIVE recordings
- stuff Rudi Peni never made money from, and which Southern never had
anything to do with. I was not hosting the unreleased live material,
just providing a Bit Torrent to it.

Someone from Southern -- it was Allison or someone else, a woman whose
name I don't exactly recall -- left a snarky comment on my site that
said I was causing Rudi Peni to lose money and was disrespecting them by
posting the link! Something like "Way to cause an artist to lose money
for their lie's work," very nasty-sounding, even though I promote the
fuck out of Rudi Peni all the time.

I told her that if she could show me where Rudi Peni was selling me the
stuff I had posted a link to, I would remove the link. She never
responded, but I think I removed the link anyway, wuss that I am.

-Oliver