[kj] OT: Competition?

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Oct 22 07:57:26 EDT 2008

I'm ethically opposed to arguing points for the sake of it, I can play
Devil's Advocate where I see another valid point of view, but I really
don't like arguing for the sake of it if I just can't get behind the point
I'm arguing :). I suppose arguing contradictory points of view is a way to
expand your consciousness, but I'll leave that to the shrooms like all
good hippies should ;p

You're right in that just because he prefixes that quote with "From the
military school" doesn't mean he's not extrapolating it to life in
general. I was kinda thinking that myself as I explained it earlier.
However it's still my take that he didn't mean it was universally
applicable. It's onl applicable in some instances for starters, anyone
with any grounding in logic can see that. There's plenty that doesn't kill
you that leaves you weaker, militarily or not. I knew that when I was
reading Commando comics and playing with plastic armies. The fuckers are
useless when they are melted!

How's this:

Form the military school: attack to wound, not kill, if wounding will have
more effect on your enemy than killing...(i.e. make them WEAKER by
affecting more of their resources)

Or this:

"Anyone who's not a philosopher is an asshole"

- Jaz Coleman