[kj] OT: Competition?

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 22 06:04:30 EDT 2008

But jut 'cuz he says it's a saying from the militay school doesn't mean
he also doesn't think it shouldn't be applied generally. Many people, or
example, quote Sun Tzu for life philosophy-type mantras that have
nothing to do with their being a general on a battlefield. Also, Carl
Von Clausewitz wrote, "from the military school," the famous saying,
"War is politics conducted by other means." (from his _Principals of War_)

But it's debates like this, about what he REALLY meant, that make
Nietzsche who he is -- someone people still try to uncover what he
REALLY meant by such and such. Unlike philosophers like Bertrand
Russell, who wrote in such transparent, unambiguous language that they
just stated, explicirtly, what they really meant.

Argue me, dammit, argue me!!! :) Neitzsche would love people doing
that over his stuff

-Oliver