[kj] OT: Powell endorses Obama

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 20 21:40:01 EDT 2008

I guess I should add that a candidate in the US does not even 50% of the
vote plus 1 more to govern all 100% of the population. he just needs a
plurality, a la Bill Clinton in 1992 who was able to govern 100% of the
US public by geting something like 40% of their vote in '92. Perot and
Bush Sr split the majority; Perot acted as a soiler, as all 3rd party
attempts do in our system, going back to Teddy Roosevelt and the
Progressives. Winner-take-all.

It'll take structural reform, not just people voting a cerain way, and I
would hope specially not in this general election on Nov. 4, when the US
really can' afford a spoiler from the left, because if McCain/PALIN are
elected the US will become a festering hellhole.

-Oliver