[kj] OT: Powell endorses Obama

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 20 21:35:58 EDT 2008

It'll also require structural electoral reform in the US, so that we
have proportional representation the way some European countries do, so
that the 3rd party candidate in the US does not perpetually play the
spoiler.

Here, the candidate who gets the 50% of the vote + 1 one more gets to
govern as if he had a mandate to govern all 100% f the electorate. In
some (real) democracies, if one man gets 50% of the vote, another
(wo)man gets 20%, and a third gets 30%, then those three get,
respectively , representative governing power equivalent 50%, 20%, 30%
voting ability.

But in the US, it's winner take all.

-Oliver