[kj] late report from the Forum

Daniel Corvo danielcorvo at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 07:31:37 EDT 2008

Hey Darren,

Just for my peace of mind, whereabouts did that kid live in Reading? Just want to make sure it's not one of the kids next door, for my own peace of mind ;-)

Dan in Tilehurst

From: dpeace at bigfoot.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 01:42:19 +0100Subject: Re: [kj] late report from the Forum

Heh! Interesting story about the car business.

Break-in happened in Reading. Police were useless, and would only have been interested if there was an eyeball stuck on the broken glass, so they could have put out an APB on a pikey with an eyepatch. However, I used to live in Reading and have a lot of friends there. I established that a business adjoining the car park I used had IR CCTV, and got them to dig out the footage – I saw the little bastards going in through my passenger window. Would have been about during “Eighties”, I reckon, from the timecode on the tape. Anyway, as luck would have it, one of my teacher friends recognised one of them from the tape, and I went round to his house. Confronted him (he was about 20), and said that I was only interested in the whereabouts of my wallet. Obviously I’d cancelled all the cards, but there were a couple of pictures by, and photos of, my children that I wanted back. Said that I’d let it go if he told me what had happened to the wallet, and he told me whereabouts he’d tossed it (in an overgrown verge near Tescos).

I went and found it, got the (slightly waterlogged) pictures, and then shopped the little bastard to the police with my evidence.

May not have been ethically sound, but felt very satisfying!

Back on topic, I thought that the second night was inferior to the first – at the start, I felt that we were getting the Friday gig in reverse, and I still couldn’t hear Geordie clearly. And I have to admit that I was hoping to hear Millennium and (especially) Mathematics. Still, it was tremendous stuff, and was only slightly disappointing in view of how superb the Friday gig was. Am I the only person to have wondered why BPF was playing the drum part to “Butcher” for “Whiteout”? In any case, it’s been a long time since I’ve heard this band so vicious and at the top of their game. I really can’t wait for the new album, despite not thinking much of “Timewave”. I’m sure the studio version will knock me out.

I spent a while at the merchandise kiosk, and managed to come away without realising that they were selling the Duende disc! Dozy bastard. Still, got a pope shirt to replace the white one I used to have that was nicked by an ex-girlfriend, so that was good.

I would have made it to the pub first if it hadn’t been for a football match in Reading that delayed me for 2 hours. Perhaps next time – it’d be good to put faces to names, I reckon.

Darren
Hungerford, UK

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of jpwhkj at aol.comSent: 13 October 2008 22:15To: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] late report from the Forum

They were probably the twats who trashed Darren's car.-----Original Message-----From: TB <partyslammer at socal.rr.com>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:15Subject: Re: [kj] late report from the Forum

"Phil Tofield" wrote: (snip) > Train journey home was a nightmare! A group of lads got on and started > picking on the bloke sat opposite me (cos he was fat!). Would have turned > really nasty if it wasn't for the timely intervention of a guard who > kicked > the troublemakers off. Just after that was over, a woman got on and sat > down > opposite me. She looked ill. She had a tissue in her hand with which she > was > constantly wiping her nose. Five minutes into the journey she leaned over > and puked all over the seat next to her. Then she stood up, presumably to > try to get to the toilet, and proceeded to projectile vomit around the > whole > carriage. The poor bloke sat next to me took a full load all down his > front. > Luckily she missed me, but she still managed to infect me and I had to > take > the following week off work. Jesus Christ, that sounds like something right outta a zombie flick like "Planet Terror!" You don't have any lingering taste for brains, do ya? T.B. _______________________________________________ Gathering mailing list Gathering at misera.net http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering