[kj] Faith Healer???

Tim Merrill timmerrill at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 20:06:25 EDT 2008

Just a few funny things about the Tokyo show:

1. Youth was the one who mixed the pre-show tunes. When Glitter came on, we got the whole room to start chanting, 'PEDOPHILLLLLLLLE HEY PEDOPHILLE!'
After the gig, the boys were busting up over that one, and Youth got some playful grief on the Glitter choice.

2. They did play Lost Poets again, as well as 'Faith Healer', but the best was to come.

3. Had never been to Tokyo before, OR Japan, and I'm standing there in the club with these too cool for school Japanese kids all decked out in their gear,
and i'm thinking, 'Shit, i'm in Tokyo, seeing Killing Joke, with these cyberpunk kids, this is like fucking Blade Runner'
And then I hear the harpsicord, and the strains of Vangelis over the PA! Harrison Ford starts
typing on the keyboard, and then they come out, and Reza starts the intro to Requiem on the keyboard, and Jaz comes
out of the smoke, and off we go. NEVER had a moment like that before...

Oh, btw, you guys should check out Sun Paulo on Colesy's Myspace Page. They opened up the second night, and are
local Japanese guys. Kinda like the Orb if they peformed live. Not a big electronic fan, but that's changing.

Had a bit of a chat with Youth after the gig about Sphongle, Younger Brother, and some of the trippier electronica
he's been involved in. Couldn't say enough about the new album with Macca. I'm going to give it a listen just to be fair...

Glitter is a Youth choice - one of his early heroes... SAHB are more Geordie and Jaz's taste, although they all like the stompy stuff. Early Adam and the Ants were big favourites. They used to go to Adam's gigs and Adam would go to theirs, in disguise.

From: pssyche23 at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:25:42 +0000Subject: Re: [kj] Faith Healer???

Booids was played at the Hammy Palais gig on 31st July 1983 ... I have it on a Leceister (?) tape which may well pre-date that ... Jamie's right about the GG track played then (The Leader) ... another one that used to be played was "When The Revolution Comes" by The Last Poets ... Regards, Antoni* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *

To: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:19:18 -0400From: jpwhkj at aol.comSubject: Re: [kj] Faith Healer???First time I remember hearing Faith Healer was the gig at the Underworld, whenever that was (2002? 2003?).Boids (sp?) I remember from either 84 or 85, possibly the Night Time tour? Before that I think it was Gary singing "it's good to be back".Jamie-----Original Message-----From: Bill Meissner <BMeissner at encorehollywood.com>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 4:49Subject: [kj] Faith Healer???

As always ? KILLING JOKE came onstage to a loop of the intro to the SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND?s song ?Faith Healer?. I?m sure this has been talked about before?.but does anyone know if it is just simply because it?s a favorite song of the bands (I know Jaz is a SAHB fan) and it?s become a queue for them to start the show or if there is some superstitious band tradition going on? How long have they been using the song as an intro? Just curious?? Great song!

PS ? Here?s a YouTube link for the original song ? Great footage!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQoM9O0c-h8

Billy Goat