[kj] Gig Diatribe

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 19:09:25 EDT 2008

"folk devil" wrote:

I have now heard the London shows, and am curious...Jaz seemed to be a lot
more politically outspoken in London, and Europe. Why not the LA gig? A
perfect place I would have thought?

++++++

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised he's kept the political ranting to a minimum in
the US. I think he started to talk about the two candidates after the 2nd
or 3rd song in LA last week but the band kinda cut him off launching into
the next tune. This tour especially right now would have been a perfect
opportunity to play "Democracy" but well, that album's gonna remain in the
dustbin I think for eternity as far as Geordie and Jaz are concerned.

Compare that to the '03 tour where he went off about every third song to the
point in LA he was ranting about (then) new Governor for California, Arnold
Schwarzenegger.

T.B.