[kj] late report from the Forum

Phil Tofield Phil.Tofield at uk.nyklogistics.com
Mon Oct 13 14:59:19 EDT 2008

I don't currently have a net connection at home, and was off work sick all
last week, so this is the first chance Ive had to post my report from last
Fridays gig.

I originally wasn't going so I didn't have a ticket, but managed to buy one
off a tout outside for 30 quid (a lot better than the 50 quid he originally
wanted for it!)

Anyway, really awesome gig, probably one of the best I've ever seen from
killing joke. For once, they actually had a really good sound! The mix was
just right and wasn't overdriven to the point of being painful, although I
was up in the balcony. Highlight for me was definitely SO36, been waiting
years to hear that one live. Also Madness, Who Told You How, and Butcher.
The visuals on the screens were great too. I got the whole thing recorded on
my digital recorder and its come out really well. I don't have the time to
bother splitting it into tracks and uploading it but I could just post the
entire file somewhere (its 1.5gb!).

Train journey home was a nightmare! A group of lads got on and started
picking on the bloke sat opposite me (cos he was fat!). Would have turned
really nasty if it wasn't for the timely intervention of a guard who kicked
the troublemakers off. Just after that was over, a woman got on and sat down
opposite me. She looked ill. She had a tissue in her hand with which she was
constantly wiping her nose. Five minutes into the journey she leaned over
and puked all over the seat next to her. Then she stood up, presumably to
try to get to the toilet, and proceeded to projectile vomit around the whole
carriage. The poor bloke sat next to me took a full load all down his front.
Luckily she missed me, but she still managed to infect me and I had to take
the following week off work.

Oh well, it was worth it. Joke were well on form, and great to see Big Paul
again after all these years.

phil

****** This email is sent for and on behalf of NYK Logistics UK Ltd ******

This email is sent for and on behalf of NYK Logistics UK Ltd, registered in England, registered number 2548297, registered office Grange Park 1, Cheaney Drive, Grange Park, Northampton NN4 5FB. Registered VAT number GB593411144.
All business and transactions of whatever nature, be it as Agent or as Principal, shall solely be conducted in accordance RHA Conditions (UK Transport) or current BIFA Conditions (International Transport) except that in connection with storage contracts all goods are stored subject to current UKWA Conditions, copies of which are available on request.

Confidentiality: This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.