[kj] (OT) Treponem Pal

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Thu Oct 9 18:39:47 EDT 2008

No Cramps? Wha?????

To: gathering at misera.netDate: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:16:50 -0400From: jpwhkj at aol.comSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) Treponem PalWell, I went to both... but mind you, I'd forgotten about the Guana Batz. They showed up supporting a lot of bands around then... but the whole psychobilly thing never really did it for me.-----Original Message-----From: jerry bodkin <jelbod at hotmail.co.uk>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 22:07Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Treponem Pal

Jamie, i dont think they did both Hammersmith gigs (RLYL that is) but they definately did one. I also remember the Guana Batz supporting too, they were great fun. Jel

To: gathering at misera.netDate: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:24:25 -0400From: jpwhkj at aol.comSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) Treponem PalFunny, I don't remember seeing RLYL. I do remember seeing Big Black support KJ at Hammy Palais in 1986. They weren't advertised beforehand (and so perhaps don't count in this debate!) but of course they feckin rocked.Play Dead and Danse Society were good (in '83 at Hammy Palais again, Fire Dances tour I guess).I didn't rate Skunk Anansie.Jamie-----Original=2 0Message-----From: Colin Bamford <colin.bamford at works.co.uk>To: 'A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)' <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:24Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Treponem Pal

On bands that have supported Killing joke i can only think of 2 that were any good. Red Lorry yellow lorry ( remember them i think they made just one album ) they toured on Brighter thn a thousand suns. The other was skunk Anasis ( i think thats how you spell it ) on the pandemonium tour.

But you are right about some of the groups must be friends/ bar mates.,on the 1991 tour there was a group who were really bad, never caught the name and glad i didnt

Col

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of Rheinhold SqueegeeSent: 08 October 2008 15:49To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!); 'jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk'Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Treponem PalGod almighty, does anyone remember the Wax Trax band God's Acre that opened for KJ back in 1991? Talk about wanting to stab my eardrums with knitting needles. And I'm still receiving therapy after being subjected to Stabbing Westward five times in 1994. Speaking of KJ in the states, the shows in NYC and Chicago are going to be a switch for me. I've seen them 10 times already, but only in Midwestern backwaters like Cleveland, St. Louis and Kansas City, and never with more than 200 - 300 people in the crowd, most of whom are rubberneckers checking KJ out for their curiousi ty value. It will be good to see them in a larger venue with (hope hope) good-size crowds who are actually into the music. Fingers crossed.

From: wessidetempest at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.net; jimharper666 at yahoo.co.ukDate: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:30:21 -0400Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Treponem Pal

I have not seen Killing Joke bring a good band yet. And there are several ways to think about this1. The band is friends/comrades/bar tab mates/etc. and they do not pay attention if the band stinks2. Since the bands are usually on the small side they are cheap3. They won't have their own crowd show up.....thus they won't upstage Killing Joke.I'll bet it is a little bit of each. October File, Treponem, Amen, Stabbing Westward, all..........are okay.........but if I never hear their music my life wouldn't be any lessChris in Detroit

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:14:00 +0100From: colin.bamford at works.co.ukTo: jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk; gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) Treponem Pal
Treponem pal were pretty bad, thought track 3 soun ded ok but the rest.....Saying that its only Killing Joke i like with that music sound, and i cant think of any that really sound like Kj

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of Jim HarperSent: 08 October 2008 14:56To: GatheringSubject: [kj] (OT) Treponem Pal

Hello!

I don't know how everyone else felt, but I was really impressed by Treponem Pal. I heard a few of their tracks way back in the days of Raw Power and Noisy Mothers, but nothing since then. However, I enjoyed their set immensely. Not a patch on the Joke, but ten times better than the crap emaciated Iggy-wannabe that preceded them. Do any of the Gatherers have any idea of TP's setlist for their recent shows?

Mind you, it's almost impossible to find any of their material on the net. Arse!

Jim.NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers20From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing)."Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.Available from No ir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.Note: This message is for the named persons use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Downer EDI and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn “10 hidden secrets” from Jamie. Learn Now Note: This message is for the named persons use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privi lege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Downer EDI and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now20read your AOL Emails whilst on the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage today.

Get Hotmail on your mobile from Vodafone Try it Now! =