[kj] ot- palin vote

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 17:15:24 EDT 2008

It is a shame that the UK or the USA still have no alternatives to offer.
I understand Thatcherism is making a comeback...

From: josborn5 at kent.eduTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:36:54 -0400Subject: Re: [kj] ot- palin vote

I think as long as people continue to support the two party system from within, there will be no change. That's the deception of history in primary education in the United States.

The anit-slavery movement, women's right to vote movement, civil rights movement, labour rights...all were from outside of the two party system. Remember, the only reason Gore got as many votes as he did in 2000 was because his campaign adapted a lot of their platforms to meet demands from those who were supporting the Greens.

I refuse to support either party. Never, save for progressives like Dennis Kucinich.

If Obama is elected, the war will still go on, an invasion of Iran is probable, the welfare state will continue to be depleted, the expansion of the military will continue, corporate welfare will continue, the hopes for socialized healthcare will continue to fade away, tax payer money funding authoritarian regimes such as Israel will continue, etc.,

I just don't see the point of giving support to Obama with this in mind. He's not a lesser of the two evils, he is the same evil. He is going to be as deceptive as the biggest deregulator and fiscal conservative of my generation, Bill Clinton.