[kj] Let Youth know what you want

Termite npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 10:10:20 EDT 2008

Another here that was somewhat bemused by Timewave, yet another chugga chugga KJ song, reminded me of Hollywood Babylon or LightBringer, Jaz just churning on words in a monotonous tone without any pauses or breaks up to each and every chorus.

Anyway, Youth has stated on his blog and I quote "I am very excited and proud of this 3rd Fireman collaboration. It is one of the best albums I have ever made or been involved with ,raw, visceral and intimate awesome songs! Everything is played by Paul and myself and have to say I haven't seen his genius burn so bright as he does on this record since "Band on the run" days ...check it out!!! Also check for the new Transmission album "Sublimity" on Malicious Damage feat BIg Paul and myself ,I love the direction of this and would like to pursue it further on the next KJ album.I am listening to Ash Ra temple to "Physical Graffiti" and "dark side of the moon "a lot ! and ambient genius Saul Stokes....the Fall,LCD soundsystem and Metalica!! Although we are not known to listen to other people's opinion much but.........let me know what "You "want to hear from the next KJ album."

For me they need the space, not sure about the sound of Transmission (although personally I do really like Transmission..not sure a lot of KJ fans would, yet to buy their second album though), but at least the element of space in the songs to allow for a decent groove back. Heck for me I would really be interested in bringing in Massive Attack to record a KJ album, see what dark, dub elements could be blended in.