[kj] Brussels blog from Youth

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Wed Oct 1 01:54:27 EDT 2008

*
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=40797754&blogID=437325461&Mytoken=7F718668-B972-4339-BBD0B3F75CEB1C1F81453755 *

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brussells...been a long time since i rock'nrolled.....
Category: Music

Brussells...been a long time since i rock'nrolled.....
Just as were nearing the end of the tour I am now only just beginning
to find my rock'n roll Mojo return to the fore! I always found the live
performance/touring aspect difficult and much preferred the studio
environment but I have to thank the fans and the band for giving me a real
buzz again and the confidence and inspiration for performing live again.
Tintin.......one of jaz's faves ! Moebius...one of my all time
heros......graphic artist extrodinair ! also designed sets for Kubricks
2001,
the legendary R&S Records ...Magrite!!!! the master
surrealist!.....its his apple that became "the Apple" logo for the Beatles.
albums !
Incidentally Zane Lowe played "Nothin too much..." From the new
Fireman album , on his radio 1 show last night."The most important record in
the world right now ! "was how he descibed it!
I am very excited and proud of this 3rd Fireman collaboration. It is
one of the best albums I have ever made or been involved with ,raw, visceral
and intimate awesome songs! Everything is played by Paul and myself and have
to say I haven't seen his genius burn so bright as he does on this record
since "Band on the run" days ...check it out!!! Also check for the new
Transmission album "Sublimity" on Malicious Damage feat BIg Paul and myself
,I love the direction of this and would like to pursue it further on the
next KJ album.I am listening to Ash Ra temple to "Physical Graffiti" and
"dark side of the moon "a lot ! and ambient genius Saul Stokes....the
Fall,LCD soundsystem and Metalica!! Although we are not known to listen to
other people's opinion much but.........let me know what "You "want to hear
from the next KJ album.
Brussels ...Home of "new beat"..."A Split Second " Awesome,there would
be no Trance or Rave or KLF without them and "electronic body music"
....revolutionary and seminal in the late 80's..The list goes on...! Amazing
comic shops everywhere!
Much better food than Paris....!its true ,my eldest sister lived here
for 6 years and one of my other sisters lives nearby ...we know it well!Lets
not forget the chocolate....!
People queuing outside the banks.......I sense we are entering a post
consumer age where money doesn't have any value any more ......food and
water.....the world is changing fast.
So the after burn of Paris was gently assisted by a huge 5 course
gastronomic feast in one of Brussels beautiful little squares with
restaurants dotted around.Great being around Jaz and Geordie,more long deep
belly laughs ...family vibe.The second night in Paris has to be the best
show so far ,Really locking in now .Some interesting guests including the
French minister of culture, a big fan who had first seen us first at the
Bain Douche in 1981.Various Parisian Bohemians and Gatherers from as far as
Brazil and Glasgow ...all savoring the moment and the sharp september air
and ice cold beer Parisian boulevards...fantastic !
Last night was great as my sister Nicole and all her kids all came to
the show ....a great reunion .looking forward to my own reunion with my wife
and kids tomorrow .....I miss them so much.....I'm coming home!