[kj] Getting the Geordie sound. Bel Electrolabs ADT unit up on EBAY

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:07:46 EST 2008

oh, that old chestnut..an electroharmonix special!
guess i'm neglecting how old this thing is..."."

From: fatpotanga at gmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:51:17 +0000Subject: Re: [kj] Getting the Geordie sound. Bel Electrolabs ADT unit up on EBAY
I think a lot of old FX were branded as stereo when they technically weren't
I have a vintage Carlsbro delay somewhere that's supposedly stereo when in reality it's as you described dry below, just a clean out & an effected out.

As amps go I'd really like to try a Burman, but as much as I love Geordie I wouldn't want to try & emulate his sound.
He is so distinctive that at best all I could ever hope to be is a second rate imitation.