[kj] Getting the Geordie sound. Bel Electrolabs ADT unit up on EBAY

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 21 11:11:44 EST 2008

No worries Michael iam aware of the mono restraints of this adt, I don't
have two burman 4000 pro's to run it thru even if it was stereo.

I feel lucky to have the one burman 4000 pro as it is. So MONO it is!

Btw, if anyone thinks the burman combo amp will sound like Geordie that is
an erroneous assumption, the amp Geordie uses does not have the preamp those
guitar combos have. Only the burman bass amp (4000 pro) will get his tone. I
know cause I have one of each and the bass amp is the only one that nails
Geordie 82 -89.

That walker copy cat business aside, that Burman is the best - most
versatile amp from it's era and if you want to sound like Clapton, sykes or
knopfler from the late 70's early 80's, or just have a great sounding amp to
sound like yourself but better! The 501 combo will do it.

tw

_____